“Setting Sail from a Safe Port: Giving our children confidence to move forward with safe and permanent relationships”
International Foster Care Organisation's 2017 World Conference will take place in Valletta, Malta from 1st to 4th November 2017. The theme of the conference “Setting Sail from a Safe Port: Giving our children confidence to move forward with safe and permanent relationships” is underpinned by a holistic understanding that every person has a role in protecting children and promoting their well-being. Professionals, carers, policy-makers and youth will all benefit from exploring the theme of this year's conference together and using the IFCO platform to share, exchange, and learn from each other. The aim of the conference is to offer a balanced and inspiring programme, focusing on best practice, informed policies, and children’s rights.
Conference subthemes include but are not limited to:
- Child protection systems and deinstitutionalisation (DI) Reform: overall care system reform and DI and family based care in different regions across the world
- Meeting the needs of children due to migration
- Formal and informal educational outcomes for children during care and for careleavers
- Foster carers and social workers: education, training, assessment, approval, supervision and retention
- Understanding trauma and its effect
- Prevention, intervention, early childhood and permanency
- Partnership, engagement and children & youth participation
- Measuring success: preventative services, suitable placements, successful transitions and aftercare and the impact and measurement of careleavers successes and attainments.
For more information about the event, please click the link above.