The fourth International Conference on Shared Parenting will be held in Strasbourg on November 22 and 23, 2018. Specialists in the field of shared parenting – representing both the academic sciences and the legal and family professions – are invited to present their research results and professional practice accounts at this interdisciplinary conference.
The theme of this conference will be “Shared Parenting, Social Justice and Children´s Rights”
Shared parenting as in the best interests of children of separated parents has become a crucial issue for practitioners and policymakers around the globe. Within judicial systems, both parents are now increasingly recognized as vital in their children’s lives after separation and divorce.
The following questions will be addressed during the conference in both plenary and workshop presentations:
- To what extent and how is shared parenting promoted as a legal presumption in legal and judicial systems, at national or supra-national levels, for supporting children’s rights?
- To what degree is shared parenting promoted as a means for improving and sustaining the work-life balance between women and men in both two-parent families and after parental divorce?
- How can professionals support divorcing parents and influence social attitudes and knowledge about shared parenting and children’s well-being and rights?
The Conference invites submissions for two types of presentations to the ICSP scientific committee:
(1) oral presentations that correspond to completed scientific research and practical accounts; or
(2) posters that correspond to ongoing research and practical accounts.
If you are interested in submitting a poster or a paper for consideration to present at the conference:
Please prepare and submit a 150-250 word abstract of your poster or a 350-450 word abstract of your oral presentation (file format .doc / docx, .odt, .txt)
The abstract should be preferably written in English. Nevertheless, French language will be also considered.
Your proposal will be reviewed by members of the ICSP Scientific Committee, and notifications of acceptance will be made by May 15, 2018.