This year's education conference will be held in Glasgow, Scotland on 16 May 2019 and will focus on positive educational journeys for children and young people with care experience. Recognising that, for many children and young people with care experience, their path through the education system is not always linear and it is essential that our practices and systems provide flexibility, understanding and aspirational routes for progression.
Call for workshops
Successful workshop submissions will take a co-production approach to workshop presentation with children and young people with care experience, for example by supporting children and young people to plan, co design and co deliver workshops. Joint submissions, demonstrating collaboration together with another service provider, parents and carers, or corporate parenting organisations are also welcomed.
Your workshop presentation could focus on one or more of the areas that we know are important when we think about how children learn and what a flexible education journey might look like including:
- Support in early years, primary, secondary and or special schools
- Parent and carer engagement and involvement
- How successful platforms are created for the voice of pupils to shape the curriculum and school community
- Using data
- Using knowledge of children's development to inform approaches to learning
- Transitions that young people can experience; for example primary to secondary school or a change of school
- Post school options and destinations
- Widening access to further and higher education
Send in ideas by 8 March 2019.