The aim of the webinar is to examine how strengthening the social service workforce is an important component of different countries’ national plans of action to address violence against children and the seven strategies outlined in the INSPIRE package. The webinar will feature speakers providing background about Pathfinder Countries and the National Plans of Action, UNICEF’s role in helping countries realize the strategies outlined in the INSPIRE package, advocacy efforts to call for greater attention to the workforce in these efforts, and a country-based example from Tanzania about the integration of workforce strengthening into national plans to address violence against children.
Social service workforce strengthening in the National Plan of Action in Tanzania
- Margaret Mussai, Director for Children Development, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and Sebastian Kitiku, Head of Social Services Delivery, Policy Forum and Officials from President’s Office-Regional Administration and Local Government
Recent advocacy efforts to ensure the social service workforce is backed by adequate political, financial, technical and moral support
- Amy Bess, Director, Global Social Service Workforce Alliance
Update on End Violence and Overview of Pathfinder Countries’ National Plans of Action and linkages to workforce-specific actions
- Howard Taylor, Director, Global Partnership to End Violence against Children
UNICEF strategies to strengthen the social service workforce central to Response and Support Services
- Kirsten Di Martino, Senior Advisor, Child Protection, UNICEF
* Moderator: Sabine Rakotomalala, Country Engagement, Global Partnership to End Violence against Children
Register now to participate in the webinar:
To calculate what time the webinar will be held in your part of the world, use this link: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
This webinar is part of the Social Service Workforce Week, to be celebrated September 24 -28 to increase attention and actions toward strengthening the social service workforce.Follow the daily blogs, resources and updates throughout the week. This webinar will be recorded and posted to the Alliance's YouTube channel after September 27.