Family for Every Child is an international alliance of civil society organisations working to mobilise knowledge, skills and resources around children’s care. A group of Family for Every Child member organisations in the Philippines, Cambodia, Nepal, India and Indonesia met in the Philippines in February 2017 for a practice exchange on child sexual abuse. They decided to conduct a scoping study to understand how social norms around gender influence how we care for boys affected by sexual violence, and what is already being done by likeminded organisations to ensure that boys affected by sexual violence grow up in a permanent, safe and caring family or quality alternative care where needed. The study explored sexual violence affecting boys as including both sexual abuse and exploitation of boys and harmful sexual behaviour of boys themselves, but by considering both in the study the aim was not to infer that one leads to the other. The study is now complete and Family for Every Child has secured funding to implement primary research to further develop their local understanding in these areas.
Family for Every Child are now looking for a Consultant to support them to:
- Support the design of primary research on the same subject to be implemented by local teams in Cambodia, Nepal, India and the Philippines
- Support the implementation of the research in all countries remotely and through a visit to Nepal
- Write a synthesis report on the findings from all four countries.
They are looking for someone
- Experienced in primary qualitative research with adolescents and adults, research on gender, and research on sexual violence or violence against children.
- With knowledge of South and South East Asia, a consultative and collaborative working style and excellent writing skills.
The consultant will need to be available to attend a face to face meeting (likely in Cambodia) week commencing 19th February 2018, support one stage of the primary research in Nepal, and participate in another face to face meeting in the region towards the end of 2018.
Deadline is Sunday 21st January.