This special issue seeks to examine children’s perceptions of safety who reside in out-of-home care. We welcome submissions on the following themes:
- What are the ethics and methodologies of safety research among children in care?
- What is the impact of safety research on the researcher?
- How does “perception of safety” shape a youth’s well-being?
- How do we make a placement both be safe and feel safe?
- What is the role of safety in adult-youth therapeutic relationships?
- What are the future directions for safety research and program development?
- What interventions promote safety in out of home care?
- What do children in care tell us about safety?
- What are the cultural dimensions of safety?
Submissions can be qualitative or quantitative, conceptual, or descriptive. Papers with relevance to practice or policy are also welcome. Authors are strongly encouraged to discuss their specific focus or ideas with the Guest Editors in advance of submission. Deadline for submissions is 30 June 2019.
Michael Nunno, DSW, Cornell University (email@example.com)