The Faith to Action Initiative is seeking a Director of Engagement. The Director of Engagement works collaboratively with and in support of the Faith to Action Initiative’s (hereinafter “F2A”) Executive Director to develop and refine outreach strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote better practice in care for vulnerable children among U.S. Christian leadership (e.g., churches and denominations, faith-based organizations, universities, missions agencies), through outreach (e.g., online and in-person presentations, email, mailings, phone, in-person meetings, other).
- Continually develop, plan, facilitate, implement and refine multiple creative strategies to introduce F2A and our resources to more churches, faith-based organizations, donors, and universities currently responding to the needs of vulnerable children or interested in doing so.
- Work collaboratively with team to advance and refine F2A’s engagement with and advocacy to key faith audiences.
- Research and identify receptive audiences and develop strategies to make meaningful first contacts with them.
- Guide key contacts in transitioning their efforts to better support family-based care for OVC.
- Respond to inquiries received through email, social media, referrals, in-person contacts at conferences, and through online marketing campaigns, direct outreach, and mailing.
- Document exemplary OVC ministries and responses to feature in F2A podcasts, stories and other platforms.
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation for outreach efforts.
- Prepare reports for LC and donors on outreach in conjunction with F2A team.
- Track dissemination and use of F2A materials and where possible, how these
- publications and tools are being used, by whom (e.g., pastors, mission groups,
- youth), and with what result.
- Must be able to travel – up to 20% – to attend conferences, team planning meetings,
- and other events; and must be able to travel by car, bus, train, and airplane.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required from time to time.
Application deadline is 25 Janaury 2019.