The overall purpose of this consultancy will be to finalise the 5 -year strategic document on violence against children for CARICOM Region. This is expected to be done in full partnership with the CARICOM Secretariat, UNICEF and key representatives of the Member States.
Specifically, the consultant is expected to:
• Update the literature review to capture any new research findings in relation to VAC
• Ensure the intersectorality of the strategy across all relevant sectors?
• Ensure that the VAC strategy straddles the development and humanitarian contexts
Study Team composition and competencies
At a minimum, the consultant must possess the following;
• At least a Masters level university degree in Social Sciences
• 8 years relevant work experience with progressively higher levels of responsibility
• Excellent and proven analytical skills
• Excellent and proven English writing skills
• Relevant experience in related or similar assignments
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision
• Understanding of human rights approach
Application deadline is 11 January 2019.