Based on the request of the State Committee for Family, Women and Children Affairs, UNICEF CO in Azerbaijan is announcing the recruitment of a professional social worker who will work in collaboration with SCFWCA and local Commissions of Minor’s Affairs and other relevant state entities of the districts of Baku and neighboring regions.
Under the supervision of the Child Protection Specialist and consultation with SCFWCA, the social worker will provide professional support in case management of vulnerable children and support the capacity building of local stakeholders in this field.
Description of tasks:
Following an existing guideline on social work for vulnerable children, the consultant will be engaged in accomplishment of the following tasks:
- conduct professional social work services for repatriated children and their extended family members;
- monitor the status of the returned children, identify the needs of the children and their receiving families, and provide direct counselling and support in a regular basis;
- in collaboration with the family, provide the needs/strengths assessment and involvement of the family in the implementation of the development plans for children;
- case management of children at risk in district and community level;
- capacity building of local stakeholders (members of local commissions of Minor Affairs) on social work case management practices with a particular focus on reintegration of children;
- develop and maintain accurate client records in electronic format, including intake, assessment, service plan, progress notes;
- provide Supervisor with all assigned information and reports in a timely manner.
Application deadline is 18 March 2019