UNICEF is seeking a local consultant for Child Protection Monitoring and Reporting Mechanism in the Philippines.
- Technical review and field verification of 2017-2018 cases of grave child rights violations.
- Prepare individual case files of verified grave child rights violations and update MRM database.
- Monitor development and facilitate referral of verified cases to appropriate agencies for response on grave child rights violations.
- Assist in building the national MRM technical and human resource capacity.
- Provide analytical and statistical support for the preparation of MRM reports.
- Updated individual documentation/ case files of grave child rights violations including actions taken (follow-up, referral, advocacy, etc.) on 2017-2018 cases of grave child rights violations.
- Monthly assessment on the data gaps of past and current cases of grave child rights violations, as well as the progress regarding the capacity-building of national partners on MRM.
Quality inputs for the quarterly Global Horizontal Notes (GHN) for Q2 2018, and 2018 SG Annual Report on Children and Armed Conflict.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- University degree in psychology, social work, or social science or other fields related to social development and humanitarian work.
- At least 120 hours of relevant training on child rights and child protection.
- Understanding of Philippine socio-political context, Child Protection system in the Philippines, knowledge of human and child rights would be essential.
- Experience in conducting field research and advanced skills in the documentation of human rights violations would be an advantage.
- Willing to travel in remote and conflict-affected areas.
- Fluent in English and knowledge of Filipino languages an asset.
- High level of writing and communication and computer skills.
- Dynamic, independent, self-motivated and well organized.
Application deadline is 25 April 2018.