The Alliance on Child Protection in Humanitarian Action has produced this Technical Note on the Protection of Children during the Coronavirus Pandemic. This note is available in Korean, Persian, Chinese, Spanish, French and Arabic. Translated versions in other languages will be available on this Alliance webpage over the coming days.
This Technical Note has been produced based on the Guidance Note on Protection of Children during Infectious Disease Outbreaks (Alliance, 2018). It has been adapted to COVID-19 in an attempt to support frontline Child Protection workers, policy makers and donors in designing and implementing Child Protection interventions, including cross-sectoral collaboration. Evidence from previous infectious disease outbreaks suggest that existing Child Protection risks are exacerbated and new ones emerge as a result of the epidemic and prevention and control measures. Delayed Child Protection engagement can result in increased suffering and irreparable harm to children.
As you use and disseminate this Technical Note, please share with the Alliance any feedback you may have on this document. Given the evolving nature of this Pandemic, they are planning to continually update and revise this note. You can provide your feedback either by inputting it directly in this online document or by sending an email to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the brief here.
Annexes to this technical note include:
- Technical Note: COVID-19 and Children Deprived of their Liberty
- Technical Note on the Protection of Children during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Children and Alternative Care
- Working with Communities to Keep Children Safe, v.1.1
- Social Service Workforce Safety and Wellbeing during the COVID-19 Response - Recommended Actions
- COVID-19: Protecting Children from Violence, Abuse and Neglect in the Home, Version 1
- Technical Note: COVID-19 and Child Labour
- Key Messages and Considerations for Programming for Children Associated with Armed Force or Armed Groups During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Technical Note: Child Helplines and the Protection of Children During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Technical Note: Adaptation of Child Protection Case Management to the COVID-19 Pandemic - Version 2
View the recording of a webinar discussing the technical note here, or by watching the video below.