The International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (ISPCAN), in partnership with the Oman Ministry of Social Development, Children First Association, Sultan Qaboos University, United Nation’s Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and the ARAB-CAN Society, proudly present the 2019 ISPCAN Congress in Oman.
Join international colleagues from the varied fields of psychiatry, psychology, medicine, nursing, social work, education, law, public health and government to share and learn.
- Advocate for the rights of the child and the further prevention of child abuse (including children with disabilities) at a national level.
- Identify community efforts to enhance child abuse prevention and child protection programs.
- Share best practices and innovations on the prevention of child abuse.
- Recognize areas of improvement in existing child protection services.
- Transfer knowledge, skills and interest to the next generation of young experts in the field.
- Stimulate collaboration and creation of new projects in the field.
- Legislation and Policy: Child Protection and Child Rights
- Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect: Risks and Protective Factors
- Domestic Violence and Children
- Sexual Abuse & Exploitation
- Outcome of Child Protection Services: Best Practices and the Role of the Community and Children
- Multi-Disciplinary Teams: Best Practices and Challenges
- Epidemiological Data and Research
- Special Topics
The event will be held 15-17 September 2019 at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre, Muscat.