The Centre for Refugee Studies at York University (Toronto, Canada) is offering its annual Summer Course on Refugees and Forced Migration from May 9-13, 2016.
The Summer Course is an internationally acclaimed, non-credit course for academic and field-based practitioners working in the area of forced migration. It serves as a hub for researchers, students, practitioners, service providers and policy makers to share information and ideas. The Summer Course is housed within the Centre for Refugee Studies (CRS), York University. All participants who complete the full course receive a York University Centre for Refugee Studies Summer Course Certificate.
Topics will include:
- Forced displacement: International case studies
- Legal approaches to refugee studies
- UNHCR, the Convention and the international refugee regime
- Protracted refugee situations
- Refugee resettlement policy
- Sexual minority claims
- Health and refugees
- Child migration
- Borders and migration management
Registration is required and there is a course fee.