Better Care Network (BCN) is seeking a Community Outreach and Youth Engagement Specialist with extensive experience working with young people and adults to engage in global efforts to strengthen care reform and the ability to conduct sustained inter-agency outreach with partners in local, regional and global contexts.
In addition, the Community Outreach and Youth Engagement Specialist will act as focal point to support the smooth operation of the Transforming Care Collaborative and members’ engagement, and to facilitate inclusive and participatory processes.
- Contract: Full time
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Location: Remote
- Closing Date: 31 January 2023
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in job related field, including social work, international development, international human rights law, youth and child led leadership and participation or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of job-related experience in the provision of services, knowledge management, and advocacy regarding the care and protection of vulnerable children and families, including relevant experience in at least one developing country context.
- Experience of facilitating and supporting inter-agency collaboration and coordination, including drafting and agreeing joint deliverables and advocacy efforts at regional or global levels.
- Experience of working to support youth led movement and advocacy, the meaningful participation of young people and children in initiatives, research, or decisions that affect their lives and the lives of others.
- Experience with child and youth safeguarding in participatory processes and online spaces.
- Experience of outreach and communication with multiple partners in diverse contexts and across organisations and stakeholders.
- Experience with digital platforms and using information systems including Content Management Systems/ Online platforms, discussion boards, and with planning of online events and webinar management, including Zoom functionalities.
- Experience working with the UN or other international agencies to support advocacy efforts relating to children’s rights and child protection issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated understanding of key issues regarding child rights, child care and protection issues, and child and youth participation at country or regional/global levels.
- Demonstrated skills mobilizing collaboration and coordination among organizations and individuals, particularly related to networks, clusters, and other similar groups.
- Demonstrated skills working with children and young people including in supporting child and youth led initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a small team, and to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and the ability to communicate (written, spoken) between and across a diverse set of actors
- Strategic planning and organizational development skills
- Strong English writing skills
- Ability to travel up to 5 % to 10% of the time, locally, domestically and internationally
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to fulfill the duties of this position.
- Additional language skills; Spanish or French would be a particularly strong asset
Better Care Network, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.