UNICEF is seeking a Child Protection Specialist in Fiji. The Child Protection Specialist reports to the Chief, Child Protection P4 for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable UNICEF contribution to national and international efforts to create a protective environment for children against all harm and to protect their rights to survival, development and well-being as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/framework and UN intergovernmental bodies.
The Specialist contributes to achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and UNICEF's Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programs/projects development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Closing Date: Thu Aug 01 2019 23:55:00 GMT+1200 (Fiji Standard Time)