UNICEF is seeking a consultant to provide technical support to the Timor-Leste Ministry of Social Solidarity and Inclusion through the Child Protection Officers, for emergency preparedness and response in the COVID 19 pandemic for children living in institutional care, primarily related to case management and registration process.
1. Conduct general mapping of residential care facilities
2. Revised, develop or adapt supportive materials and tools for registration and monitoring of children in residential and case management (register and monitoring sheet, record keeping, case management manual. including specific procedures for preparedness and response in emergency and during COVID-19 pandemic, guidelines for children in institutional care, among others).
2.1 Conduct a desk review of:
- The Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS)
- Technical note: Protection of Children during COVID 19 Pandemic
- Other procedures or guidelines to preparedness and response in emergency, including COVID 19
- Existing registration of children in residential care facilitates tools
- Regular monitoring tools to monitor children in residential care facilities wellbeing
- Case Management in residential care tools or files
- MSSI Social Solidarity Institution Decree Law, MSSI policy on residential care facility minimum quality care standard and MSSI Child Protection and GBV Case Management policy.
2.2 Identify, develop or adapt the supportive materials and tools to registration, monitoring and case management for children living in institutional care facilities, including specific procedures for preparedness and response in emergency and during COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Support the Child Protection officers of selected municipalities to register and case management of the children in institutional care facilities.
3.1. Coordinate with the CPOs and develop a work plan to support the registration and case management of the selected institutional care facilities.
3.2. With the CPOs and in coordination with the ICF’s technical team, visit the seven selected institutional care facilities and apply the registration and monitoring tools and case management to all the children living in the facilities.
4. Train MSSI CPOs to administer the developed tools: registration and monitoring of children in residential care tools, case management in residential care facilitates, and the guidelines to preparedness and respond in emergency and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Support the planning and deliver of the wellbeing kit for COVID-19 mitigation, for children in institutional care.
1. A mapping document, with the mapping assessment that includes the updated list of Residential Care Facilities in Timor-Leste, with geographical ubication, type of services provided, number of children, number of caregivers, type of administration – for example by NGO, the church or government, among other.
2.1. A brief report of the desk review
2.2 supportive material developed or adapted:
- Registration of children tools developed and tested
- Regular monitoring of children’s wellbeing tools
- Case management tools revised and tested
- Guideline with specific procedures for the preparedness and response in emergency and during COVID-19 pandemic.
3.1. A work plan to support the CPOs to register and case management of the selected institutional care facilities
3.2. A report that includes:
- Residential care profile developed for CPOs
- Children’s case file open in the selected residential care facilities
- Record keeping list developed for CPOs
- Recommendations and best practices
4. Training delivered for the CPOs; the report includes:
- Training agenda
- 10– 15 PowerPoints slides with interactive and engagement activities developed for the training
- the materials and tools developed
- attendance sheet
- one human interested history
5. Report that include the distribution calendar, talking points for the event, list of kits organized for the distribution, reception list signed by the institutions.
Deadline is 18 March 2021.