UNICEF is seeking international expertise that could strengthen capacities of welfare agency and partners in the implementation of the pilot alternative care options in Chihuahua, in particular group homes and foster care for migrant, asylum seeking and refugee children. Based on successful experiences in other countries and on the model earlier described, the expertise will be required to develop operational tools and conduct trainings for staff implementing group homes and foster care. Recommendations on the way forward and for the scaling up of these options will be welcome during and at the end of the contract period.
How can you make a difference?
- Conduct an initial trip to assess the situation, discuss with staff and initiate technical support to start implementation of group homes and foster care.
- Based on the existing manual for group homes and foster care, develop an operational/management plan for the implementation of the alternative care options identified: staff (# and profiles) required for each AC option; key daily programmes and services; flowcharts with processes and coordination mechanisms.
- Develop tools such as SOPs (ethical guidelines, standards of care, pathways of referrals).
- Develop training contents: powerpoint presentation, list of resources etc.
- Conduct three trainings of staff and provide distance support if required (a total of 20-30 people).
Applications close: 22 Aug 2019 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time (Mexico)