The European Disability Forum (EDF) is looking for a consultant who will conduct a literature review to find out available information about how the EU works on deinstitutionalisation (DI) in countries outside the European Union and what it has achieved in this field so far (covering actions overseen by the Directorates-General ECHO, INTPA, NEAR and the EEAS). EDF wants to review this information but also be provided with recommendations and suggested directions for EDF’s future work in this field.
Activities and deliverables
1. Conduct a literature review;
2. Analyse gathered information;
3. Produce a final report, including the results of the literature review, recommendations and directions for EDF’s future work in global DI funded by the EU.
Note: The consultant can also be put in touch with EDF members to gather more information using surveys and interviews for instance.
• A consultant with previous experiences in carrying out consultations in the field of disability, human rights, global action, and DI.
• A consultant with official self-employed status (registered with VAT)
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Duration of work: To be suggested by the consultant
Timeframe: August 2021
Application deadline: 25th July 2021
Please send the following documents to Diana Zsoldos, Communications and Logistics Officer for International Cooperation, firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Curriculum vitae
• A two-page proposal on how the consultation will be carried out, including scheduling
• A quote for the cost of your proposal
• A sample of your written work