Save the Children is in search of a Regional Program Manager to work on its Regional Senior Management Team in Panama City, Panama. The initial contract term is two years initially.
Regional Senior Management Team
The Regional Program Director will ensure high quality, rights-based and gender-sensitive programs for children are implemented in the countries where Save the Children works across the region. The post-holder will be responsible for monitoring their effective implementation and seeking through these programs immediate and lasting changes in the lives of children. The post holder will be responsible for programming in all contexts (development and humanitarian).
Staff directly reporting to this post: The team reporting directly to the Program Director consists of staff members including a MEAL staff, Project directors, Operations Manager, Children on the Move Coordinator and Resource Development Specialist. The Humanitarian team is also a part of the Programs department.
The Regional Program Director will:
- Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors
- Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with Save the Children practices and appropriate to programme needs
- Ensure that all required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies.
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with, partner agencies including humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs.
Programmatic leadership and management:
- Serve as the trusted partner of the Regional Director on all programme strategy and quality matters.
- Ensure that programs are based on child rights situation analysis and to the global program and advocacy objectives of the Save the Children
- Represent Save the Children in programmatic and technical fora.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant post-graduate education in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience in senior level leadership role(s) ideally in a large and complex international NGO or organization
- Extensive international experience in LAC
- Proven experience with formulating and demonstrating theories of change and rights based approach is preferred
- Substantial Programmatic support and implementation expertise,.
- Demonstrable record of accomplishment of leading substantial change – maximising benefits and minimising risks.
- Successful track record of implementing simple, effective monitoring systems.
- Experience of building, leading and developing programmatic staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies
- Willingness to travel in developing countries.
- Excellent written English and Spanish language skills required, French is a plus
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description