The Transitioning to Family Care for Children Tool Kit is an online resource developed by the Faith to Action Initiative for churches, faith-based organizations, donors, and others seeking to transition their care and support of children away from a residential model of care (e.g., institutions, orphanages, children’s homes, group homes) to care within families.
This comprehensive online tool kit, available on the Faith to Action website, includes resources on the following topics:
- A framework for understanding family care;
- Key steps in transitioning to family care;
- Assessing the context for transition;
- Resourcing and sustaining the transition to family care;
- Building partnerships to strengthen families;
- Child-centered case management;
- Family strengthening to prevent separation
- The continuum of care and child care placements;
- Caring for children with special needs or circumstances;
- Case studies and stories of transitioning to family care;
- Country-specific case studies and guidance.
Other accompanying resources include: