Key Areas of Focus: Children on the Move, Child Exploitation
Background: Plan International is a global organisation that is active in over 70 countries to advance children's rights and equality for girls. Plan International Thailand has been working with communities, civil society and the government to advance children’s rights and gender equality since 1981.
What They Do: Plan International's key areas of work in Thailand include:
- Gender justice and women's empowerment: Strengthening the participation and leadership capacity of girls and women so they can make informed decisions about their lives and reach their potential.
- Children on the move: Ensuring migrant children can exercise their rights to education, health care and protection.
- Legal status and citizenship: Helping stateless people, particularly girls, to exercise their rights and access services so they can achieve a better quality of life.
Plan International is a member of the Convention on the Rights of the Child Coalition for Thailand
Where They Work: Thailand
- website: plan-international.org/thailand
- email: Thailand.CO@plan-international.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/plan.thailand