Vulnerable children and young people across all year groups continue to be expected to attend educational provision where it is appropriate for them to do so. This should remain a priority for educational providers and local authorities, including as some year groups begin to return to on-site provision.
Educational providers - working together with other partners, where relevant, such as local authorities - should take the following actions, the detail of which is contained in the sections below:
- identify vulnerable children and young people based on the definition below
- determine whether attendance at educational provision is appropriate for individual vulnerable children and young people and take appropriate action to encourage this and follow up where children and young people are absent
- consider how best to support vulnerable children and young people’s welfare and education, both remotely and on-site
- consider how to respond to potential increased safeguarding concerns
- consider how to respond to staffing, transport and other logistical concerns