This case study documents the story of Mary, one of thousands of children in Kenya who were sent to family care suddenly without any preparation when the COVID-19 pandemic hit. Mary's story highlights the need for family assistance to see a reunification through to successful reintegration.
This document has been produced as part of the regional learning platform on care in Eastern and Southern Africa. The platform and its corresponding documentation were planned and conceptualised by UNICEF Eastern and Southern African Regional Office (ESARO) and Changing the Way We CareSM (CTWWC).
- Supervised Independent Living for Care Leavers in Rwanda
- Reintegration from Residential to Kinship Care in Uganda
- Reintegrating Children with Disabilities
- Preventing Family Separation During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Uganda
- Regional Learning Platform on Care Reform for Eastern and Southern Africa
- Join the ESA Regional Learning Platform Mailing List