The video provides key lessons learnt from COVID-19 on care reform from interviews with UNICEF, government and NGO staff in Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi and Kenya. The video focuses on the following areas.
- Including care reform in emergency preparedness and response
- Understanding and demonstrating the impact of a rapidly changing context on care
- Remote support to care reform
- The vital role of community volunteers
- The importance of proper reintegration processes and support
This video is accompanied by a policy paper: Nine Lessons on Care Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa from the COVID-19 Pandemic