In this webinar, the third in a series from the Transforming Children's Care Global Collaborative Platform, members of the International Parent Advocacy Network discussed parent advocacy and presented the literature review International Review of Parent Advocacy in Child Welfare: Strengthening Children's Care and Protection Through Parent Participation. This review of the literature and program documentation presents evidence on the role of parent advocacy in achieving better outcomes for children and their families in child welfare. It was written to encourage parents and their allies to work together to transform child welfare systems. This change can be achieved through parents with lived child welfare experience having an increased role and influence in the development of better child welfare systems. The webinar included presentations from parent advocates who shared examples of parent advocacy in their contexts.
- David Tobis, IPAN Vice President & Ally
- Mary Burton, Executive Director of FearlessR2W Inc. & IPAN Parent Advocate
- Tony Lawlor, Chief Executive Officer at Lawlor Consulting Group L.L.C. & IPAN Parent Advocate
- Andy Bilson, Emeritus Professor of Social Work, University of Central Lancashire, IPAN Ally
- Shantelle Common, IPAN board member, Management Committee member of Family Inclusion Strategies in the Hunter (FISH), Parent Advocate
- Taliah Drayak, IPAN Director & Parent Advocate
This webinar was conducted in English but the video recording is available with French and Spanish captions.