Key Areas of Focus: Vulnerable and Marginalized Children, Advocacy, Child Rights, Child Protection, Children in Residential Care, Child Abuse and Neglect, Child Exploitation, Violence Against Children, Family Strengthening, Household Economic Strengthening
Background: Save the Children works to ensure that all children survive, learn and are protected, and its 2030 Global Strategy focuses on reaching the most deprived and marginalised children, who are too often excluded due to poverty, geography, gender, ethnicity or disability. Save the Children in Cambodia covers all sectors of Save the Children work through the lens of 3 global breakthroughs: Survive, Learn, and Be Protected. These sectors include: education, health, nutrition, child protection, child rights governance, and livelihoods.
What They Do: Save the Children Cambodia's programs include:
- Integrated 0-3 Years: Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD)
- Inclusive and Quality Education: Inclusive educational support to children in the most remote and deprived areas, especially children at risk of dropout, out of school, and vulnerable (including children with disabilities).
- Child Protection: focus on issues affecting children in residential care, violence reduction in targeted communities, as well as violence affecting adolescents and youth between 12-18 years old.
- Multi-Sectoral Nutrition: Main focuses include reducing stunting of children under the age of 5, in addition to improving nutritional outcomes for adolescents.
- Participation and Accountability: Empowering children and youth to participate in commune development, including advocacy for increased budget investments, and capacity building of civil society actors to promote and defend children's rights.
- Skills and Services: Addressing multi-dimensional poverty issues through families’ increased access to public skills and services and capacity building for agricultural producers and increased access to life skills that can transform a families’ household income and resiliency.
Save the Children Cambodia is the facilitator of Family Care First Cambodia.
Where They Work: Cambodia