This tool aims to assist practitioners to achieve the following objectives when providing technical support to transition institutions:
- Determine the feasibility of implementing a successful transition by taking into account the number of positive indicators and/or severity of risk indicators
- Extract and analyze critical information that informs the approach and allows the practitioner to develop a strategic plan and budget for transition
The tool recognizes that because the starting point of each institution is different, there is no 'one-size-fits-all' approach. Tailored strategies need to be developed for each individual transition process, taking into account their unique dynamics. The tool has therefore been designed as an assessment framework that assists practitioners to identify and analyze these key starting point dynamics and determine the implications for strategy. In other words, it is a sense-making tool rather than a ready-made strategy. The tool can also be used on an evolving basis to help practitioners make sense of new information or indicators that arise throughout the transition process.
This tool is accompanied by four case studies:
- A Case Study of the Conditions Leading to Safe Transition: Bridges Safehouse (See Spanish version)
- A Case Study of the Process of Change: Transitioning Firefly Orphanage (See Spanish version)
- A Case Study of a High-Risk Transition: Lighthouse Children's Village (See Spanish version)
- A Case Study of Engaging Everyone in the Transformation: Child Rescue Centre and Helping Children Worldwide
- A Case Study of Malaika Babies Home Uganda
Watch a recording of the introductory webinar for more information.