This report from Child's i Foundation provides an overview of the organisation's response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Uganda. Child's i Foundation is taking steps to ensure that families do not have to make the "heartbreaking choice" of placing their child in an orphanage and is also working to ensure that the needs of children in orphanages are being addressed.
These steps include:
- Responding to child protection issues
- Maintaining contact with orphanages and advocating government to ensure that children in institutional care are prioritised
- Keeping staff and volunteers safe
- Working closely with the government
- Supporting the community by disseminating public health information, providing cash transfers, delivering essential packages, and more