In this video, Dinah Mwesigye, a social worker at Retrak in Kampala, Uganda, describes the process of finding foster families for street-connected children who are not able to be reunified with their biological families. This video is one within a series of videos produced by Child's i Foundation and Better Care Network.
View the accompanying one-page discussion paper with video summary, discussion points, and suggestions for further reading by clicking on the thumbnail image above.
Check out the other videos in the series here:
- Adoption for hard to place children
- Community care for children with special needs
- Transitioning from a Babies' Home to professional foster care
- Prevention of family separation
- Preparing street connected children for foster care