- Post: Consultant
- Organisation: India Alternative Care Network (IACN)
- Time Period: 3 Months
IACN is a collective of practitioners, academicians and civil society organisations working on the issues of children without parental care or at risk of separation in India. IACN is hosted at Butterflies and supported by UNICEF. Read more: www.iacn.in
IACN Secretariat is looking for a Consultant, for a period of three months, to carry out the literature review, visit four states (to be decided) across the four regions of India and document eight case stories (two per state) to capture the context and experiences of children and caregivers in kinship care arrangement in India.
Key Tasks and Deliverables of Consultant
- Conducting a secondary review of literature on kinship care from global and India-specific data and studies.
- Interaction with families, in kinship care arrangement in four states.
- Documenting eight case stories
- Submit the first draft to the Advisory Committee
- Incorporate suggestions from the Advisory Committee
- Submit the final report
- A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences / Social Work/ Child Development
- Experience of working on children’s issues. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in working on Family Strengthening and Alternative Care
- Experience of qualitative research, report writing and publication will be an advantage
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of Hindi and any other Indian language would be an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate, organise, and track multiple processes in parallel
- Timeliness and orientation to manage deadlines
- Willingness to travel
Timelines and Renumeration
This will be a three months consultancy. The total honorarium to the Consultant to undertake this assignment will be Rs. 2,00,000 (Rupees two lakhs only)
Expenses on travel to the four states, accommodation and local travel will be reimbursed on an actual basis subject to terms and conditions.
The Consultant will work in close coordination with the Coordinator, India Alternative Care Network. The Consultant will share the updates and documentation with IACN on a weekly basis.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, detailed CV, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.