The Faith to Action Initiative is announcing the official launch of its new website on the 18th March 2014. The goal of the Faith to Action Initiative is to provide the Christian faith community–churches, mission groups, and individuals–with valuable resources, inspiring stories, and practical tools to inform and support ministries in response to the needs of orphans and vulnerable children. The site is designed for ease of use whether you are connecting from your computer, tablet, or mobile device.
The new site has new Special Features, including:
- “The Importance of Family,” a new Infographic providing an introduction to some of the key issues impacting orphans and vulnerable children.
- Resources including free and downloadable study guides and additional publications and online resources that inform and support best practice.
- News & Updates about current articles, publications and resources, and announcements of upcoming faith-based OVC (orphan and vulnerable children) focused conference and event opportunities.
- Stories that highlight how churches, faith-based organizations, and individuals have thoughtfully and effectively supported the work of indigenous churches, ministries, and community initiatives serving children and families in Africa and beyond.
- Videos to use for raising awareness, teaching, and advocacy.
- Weekly Blogs from Faith to Action Initiative members, our partners, church leadership and other individuals who represent a range of ministries dedicated to promoting and supporting family care for orphans and vulnerable children.
- A summary of evidence-based research on the limitations of orphanages, and the importance of family.