In this video, Dinah Mwesigye, a social worker at Retrak in Kampala, Uganda, describes Retrak’s work with street-connected children to prepare them for foster care. This video is one within a series produced by Child's i Foundation and Better Care Network to capture practice-based learning.
View the accompanying one-page discussion paper with video summary, discussion points, and suggestions for further reading by clicking on the thumbnail image above.
Check out the other videos in the series here:
- Finding Foster Families for Street-Connected Youth
- Adoption for hard to place children
- Community care for children with special needs
- Transitioning from a Babies' Home to professional foster care
- Prevention of family separation