IPAN is seeking a person to work one day a week for the next six months as the administrator of IPAN. The intention is to raise funds to provide full-time positions as a co-directorship of IPAN consisting of a parent with lived child welfare experience and an ally.
The administrator will have two main areas of responsibility which are described below.
- Coordinating and developing the organizational and programmatic activities of IPAN
- Assisting with the planning and organizing of IPAN’s launch international conference in June 2021
Coordinating and developing the organizational and programmatic activities of IPAN
- Planning, organizing and follow-up for the bi-monthly meetings of the IPAN Board of Directors
- Assisting with the development of the IPAN website
- Strengthening and extending the IPAN network
- Assisting with the development of the IPAN newsletter
Assisting with the planning and organizing of IPAN’s launch international conference in June 2021
IPAN is planning its launch conference in June 2021 in collaboration with the New School University in New York City. The conference will include parents, allies and organizations involved in parent activism and advocacy in child welfare throughout the world.
- Staffing IPAN’s board of directors’ conference planning committee lead by Andy Bilson
- Assisting with the planning and organizing for the conference
- Shaping the scope of the conference
- Coordinating conference logistics
- Identifying and working with speakers, presenters and participants
- Liaise with the New School University
The job will start as soon as possible. It will be a one-day a week position in 2020. In 2021 the administrator will become a co-director of IPAN with a parent and an ally sharing the directorship.
The administrator should be based in New York City. IPAN is incorporated in New York State and the conference will take place in New York City.
Individuals who are interested in applying should send a letter of interest and CV to email@example.com