- Post: Communications and Knowledge Associate, India Alternative Care Network
- Organisation: India Alternative Care Network
- Location: Delhi
IACN is a collective of practitioners, organisations and civil society organisations working on the issues of children without parental care or at risk of separation in India. IACN is hosted at Butterflies and supported by UNICEF. Read more: www.iacn.in
The Communications and Knowledge Associate will oversee internal and external communications and knowledge management strategies to strengthen communication and knowledge-sharing between IACN Secretariat, its membership and the broader community with an interest in the issues of children without parental care or at risk of separation, to advocate for family-based care, strengthening care in families and across the continuum of care.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
Strengthen collaboration and cross-learning between IACN members
● Manage communications during the planning, execution, and follow-up of events and conferences(online/offline), including knowledge capture at the events and reporting and dissemination
● Seek out and develop opportunities for increased partner engagement and support
● Conduct membership outreach online to strengthen and seek inputs from the membership community
● Provide communications support to lACN's three working groups and steering committee (communities of practice) in implementing their annual work plans Develop, update and oversee internal and external communications
● Support the publication of the IACN quarterly newsletter
● Oversee the newsletter designing with the external designer
● Provide communication support to grant or project proposals as relevant Manage lACN's online platforms which include the website and social media
● Actively seek out new and creative ways to effectively reach lACN's network members around the country
● Regularly update and maintain lACN's website with new and engaging content, including news/announcements, new resources, events, job postings, project updates, and more
● Work with an outside website maintenance team for smooth functioning of the website.
● Build and manage lACN's social media presence (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook)
● Maintain a communications calendar with key events and dates for social media content creation
● Monitor website and social media development, develop and analyse quarterly reports, and provide recommendations to increase online traffic and engagement.
● Identify areas of improvement in the website to make it more interactive and user friendly
● 1-2 years’ experience in media relations, journalism, communications or related fields
● Familiarity with technology and online communications platforms
● Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout/design and communication skills (fluency in English is required)
● Ability to self-manage and work independently and effectively with a remote team of Secretariat staff
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to be flexible
How to Apply
Interested Candidates may apply to email@example.com with the latest copy of their CV and mentioning "Application for the post of Communications Associate" in the subject.